Give Yourself a Makeover
Wouldn’t we all love a top-down pro makeover? Well, while not everyone can afford the time and expense of a salon/spa day, shopping spree, dental visit, etc., a la TLC’s What Not to Wear, we should all make time to tweak our look every once in a while.
Here are some simple steps to kick it up a gear!
• Try a new hair product, such as shine spray or volumizing lotion. Editor’s picks: Rusk “Shining” Shine Spray or TIGI Bed Head After Party Smoothing Cream.
• Part your hair on a different side for a new style.
• Schedule a brow wax. This one beauty buy will lift and frame your whole face for minimal cost. Finish with brow powder or pencil for a pro look. Editor’s Pick: Lorraine Boegner at Fringes Salon and Spa in the Old Market. Boegner will give you a “mini facelift” with her brow waxing. She takes her time to do an amazing job.
• Try new eyeshadow colors. Purchase a palette with a variety of colors and play around for new fun looks. Editor’s Pick: Stila Daydream Eye Shadow Palette, $18 at LovelySkin.com. 22 eyeshadows in a beautiful compact.
• Exfoliate at home. Mix a small amount of baking soda in with your regular cleanser to make a paste. Scrub each area carefully, rinse and enjoy your new smooth skin!
•Enhance your lip look with liner. It will corral your gloss or lipstick and define your pout.
• Try at-home teeth whitening strips for a few weeks. You’ll take years off your smile!
• Go in for a spray tan. You’ll look healthy and glowing without the harmful sun damage. Editor’s Pick: Paradise Bay Tanning, two locations in Omaha. Paradisebaytanning.com
• Shop your girlfriend’s closets. Kim Ahlers, owner of Kajoma’s Fashion Boutique says, “When all else fails and you are totally bored with your closet, I still love the idea of inviting a couple girlfriends over to shop your closet. Have them go in and come out with three to four outfits. It’s amazing to see what they put together. They will come up with looks you never thought of. It’s the best way to get new mileage out of clothes.”
• Put your best foot forward. Polish your shoes! Have the heel tips fixed if needed as well.