Family Spectrum's Creative Corner: Patriotic Pom-Poms
Celebrate the Fourth of July by recycling those plastic shopping bags and making a red, white, and blue pom-pom!
- • Red-and-white plastic bags (Target bags work best)
- • Stapler
- • Scissors
- • Dowel or stick (around 3/8” wide and 8” long)
- • Blue painter’s tape, electrical tape, or duct tape
- • Stack four or five red-and-white plastic bags in a neat, flat pile.
- • Staple the bags together several times along the bottom edge, positioning the staples so that they run parallel to the sides of the bags.
- • Trim off the handle sections and the bottom folds.
- • For the fringe, cut 3/4”-wide strips into the unstapled end of the bags. Stop your cuts about an inch or so from the stapled edge.
- • Cover a dowel or stick with blue painter’s tape. Wrap the stapled end of the bags around one end of the dowel and use more blue tape to secure it.
Source: Disney’s Family Fun. For this craft and other ideas, visit Disney’s Family Fun website www.familyfun.go.com.